The press release reveals all the happenings involved with the release and the special itself including the plot.
As well, 75 tie-in products are due involving Fisher Price, Egmont, Mega Bloks and Learning Curve.
Other tie-ins include;
- Books, Games, Sets, Engine Merchandise, Bedding and Accessories
- Mobile Applications
- Day of the Diesels themed magazines in the Autumn
- Day Out With Thomas events with free giveaways
- The Ultimate Diesel Guide book
- Microsite on the special for March
- Are you a Steamie or a Diesel? website poll
- Previews on BS KIDS prior to DVD release
- Nationwide screenings in Vue Cinemas in the UK
- Leicester Square celebrity premiere for UK
- Other screenings involving Australia and US retailers.Hit and its partners will offer consumers around the world an impressive array of tie-in products from core Thomas & Friends train systems to new digital offerings. We look forward to bringing the Diesels to life in CGI in 2011 and giving them their time to shine.
Senior Vice President of Global Brand Management for Hit Entertainment, Rick Glankler spoke of the plans; Thomas & Friends continues its reign as the #1 preschool toy property around the world, and we are extremely excited to introduce Day of the Diesels this fall.
Day of the Diesels premieres in Autumn this year with a UK DVD release for September 26th 2011 and Fall 2011 for the US.