DVD/Blu Ray (199) Toys/Games (160) TV Series (126) Movies (123) Broadcasting (82) Events (72) Books (67) Websites (53) Cast (42) Interviews (41) Crew (36) Features (36) Worldwide (35) iTunes (28) Music (25) Railway Series (23) Media (17) YouTube (15)

Sunday 30 October 2011

Rev's Talyllyn's Railway becomes newest Heritage

The Talyllyn Railway who had the Rev. W. Awdry as one of their volunteer in the 1950's while writing The Railway Series has recieved an award.

The award itself has named the railway the 67th Engineering Heritage Award by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers according to BBC News.
One of the railway's volunteer workers, Julian Stow gave his appreciation.

I think it's really fantastic, it's a nice bit of recognition for the railway and puts us in illustrious company alongside the Harrier jump jet and SS Great Britain, so it's really good news.

The railway is still visited today by families, rail enthusiasts and fans of Thomas and The Railway Series. 


Thanks to SI3DFilms for the alert.

2 comments:

  1. No offence, but I feel a picture of the Skarloey engines would have been more suiting, since the Talyllyn Railway was used as a basis for the Skarloey Railway.

    But it is a fantastic achievement, and I'd love to go and see the railway myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for the Talyllyn Railway and I'm proud that they are the ones to keep the Awdry legacy alive because of the inspiration of the Skarloey Railway. I'm in hopes of going the railway next year when my family and I go to England.

    Be great to see the history behind the railway, including with Rev.W.Awdry being involved.

    ReplyDelete